Monday, September 7, 2009

Thrifting a frugal practice or Op shopping a lesson in treasures?

My introduction.

I am Australian, based out of Vancouver BC. I’m luck enough to travel the world working with a musician as his assistant and stylist.

You may hear me refer to thrift store as op shop. As an Australian this is how we put it.Op stands for opportunity. I much prefer the term op shopping to thrifting.

I don’t thrift shop because I want to get a bargain, I thrift shop because I love to be submerged in the history of how people once lived. I often feel a little like and archeologist. I dig through all items unwanted to find those special pieces that tell me a story of the past.

1 comment:

  1. My most favorite thing do to Holly..especially when I find something that has the value and no one knows it but you!

    ReplyDelete